Virtual Chief Information Officer Services
A Digital Industry virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) provides clients with executive level IT expertise and best of breed technology solutions.
Our vCIO experts help your company assess its technology needs and develop strategic IT roadmaps that align with your overall business goals. They’re as involved in your company as you need them to be, handling everything from small tasks to large IT projects, all at an affordable rate.
What is a Virtual CIO?
Every company needs technology leadership and a clear IT strategy to increase productivity, stay competitive, select the right software and IT equipment, and plan for the future – but not all companies want to dedicate a large portion of their budget to hire a full-time IT executive. This is where a vCIO comes in.
Just like an in-house Chief Information Officer, virtual CIO specialists manage your business’ IT strategy, infrastructure design, cybersecurity policy, business continuity plans and any complex technology problem you need solved. The difference is, you don’t have to pay a C-Level executive’s salary.
What a Virtual CIO Can do for Your Business
- Customized IT Strategy – Your technology should support both your day-to-day operations and your long-term business objectives. Our vCIOs achieve this by creating a technology plan that helps you scale for the future, improve productivity and grow.
Your plan is created after an in-depth evaluation of your company’s goals, challenges, operations and competitive landscape. If your overall business strategy changes, we revise your IT plan to support and reflect your new objectives.
- Cybersecurity Roadmap & Risk Assessments - Evolving security threats require smarter cybersecurity planning. Our vCIOs will identify vulnerabilities in your organization and create a comprehensive security plan that protects your business against cyberattacks, educates your team on cybersecurity best practices and supports your business goals.
- Business Continuity Planning – How long would it take you to get back online if your systems failed? Our vCIOs will develop and implement disaster preparedness strategies to minimize downtime and costs in the event of disaster.
- IT Project Management – Staying competitive requires investing in new technology, but without the proper technical know-how, expenses can quickly pile up when projects get derailed. An expert Digital Industry vCIO can solve these problems and ensure your company’s IT projects stay on schedule and on budget.
- IT Infrastructure & Network Design – Should you maintain your current IT infrastructure or invest in technology that meets the future needs of your business? Our vCIOs advise you on how to maximize the value of your existing technology and help you decide when it’s time to upgrade your systems, ensuring you always have the most cost-effective IT infrastructure in place.
- Vendor Management and Selection – Have you regretted buying clunky software or had a bad experience with a subpar IT vendor? When you’re looking for new software and equipment, a vCIO helps you make informed IT decisions by presenting you with the best options available and a breakdown of costs. This simplifies the purchase process and ensures you get exactly what you’re looking for at the right price.
Benefits of Working with a Virtual CIO
- Free Up Your Schedule: Business technology is rapidly and constantly evolving - keeping up with the endless changes in the IT landscape is a full-time job. With a Digital Industry vCIO, you can focus on growing your business and trust that an executive level IT leader is proactively looking for new technology that will improve your company’s operations and provide a strong ROI.
- First-Class Expertise at a Fraction of The Cost: the average salary of an in-house CIO is $165,299 per year (and up to $375,000 in the DC metro area!). A Digital Industry vCIO offers the technology leadership and expertise every business needs to grow but leaves the hefty price tag behind.
Questions a Virtual CIO Can Help You Answer
- What technology can help me automate my business processes and save me money?
- How much should I spend on technology to achieve my business objectives? How much are my competitors spending?
- How can technology help me gain a competitive advantage?
- What’s my return on IT investment?
- How long does it take to implement new technology? How much will it cost and why should I choose one solution over another?
- Am I protected against cyber threats?
- Is my business prepared for catastrophic events? Could my team work through them?
- How long would it take us to get back up and running after disaster? How can I access my data if my systems fail or my cloud data is corrupted?
- Is my business in regulatory compliance?
- When should I replace my existing IT infrastructure?