Start by using passphrases or mnemonics.
A passphrase or mnemonic password uses patterns of letters, ideas, or associations that help you remember both the site and the password.
Here are a few ideas you can use to create your own unique password:
1st Come up with a phrase that helps you remember.
For example, I Need To Create Yet Another Password for FaceBook!
Now make it a mnemonic like this IN2cyApw4Fb
Key points to consider:
- Make your passwords long at least 8 or more characters.
- Mix it up, letters are better than numbers because you have 62 forms (upper and lower case) vs. 10 (0-9).
- Create a different password for every account.
- Please don’t use passwords that were “default” passwords.
- Consider a password management tool.
Good password management is a great first step towards better security online.
Happy World Password Day!