Position: Helpdesk Technician & Administrative Support (Silver Spring, MD)
Compensation/Pay: $22 to $29 per hr – Commensurate with Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is for a helpdesk technician who can support and troubleshoot ongoing I.T. operations. The role will include interaction with clients and other I.T. professionals and will also include administrative support that requires IT knowledge.
This is a great position for someone interested in learning about many aspects of an MSP as you will be involved in not only the technical tasks but the purchasing and spec’ing of hardware and licensing, documenting, and building technical and operational processes and coordination of service with the clients. The position will be about 50% completion of technical tasks and about 50% support of administrative items.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and activities simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness and desire to develop professionally.
- Problem-solving and structured troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- I.T. skills with knowledge of network, workstation, server, and cloud-based operations.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
- Experiencing in using Microsoft Office Suite Application.
- Understanding of cloud-based workplace environments.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations: Microsoft, CompTIA, and Cisco Certifications preferred, 1+ years’ experience in computer network management is preferred. Experience with I.T. PSA and RMM tools a big plus.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions and Requirements:
- Professional office environment.
- Reliable auto transportation required.
- Local travel will be periodically required during the workday.
- Ability to work from a professional environment from home required.
- Applicants will be asked to take a technical proficiency exam prior to the interview process.
- Background and driving record check will be performed prior or after an employment offer is extended.
- Please submit your resume as a PDF attachment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com